Monday, September 22, 2008

A Response to "Should Moviegoers Pay for Good Seats" posted by Daniel Hamermesh

Well, after reading this article, i made some connections between class and the real world. It would seem to me that prices for movie seats are pretty inelastic, based on the information provided. The fact that those seats in the front, although they cost less, are still empty shows that people are willing to pay any price for a good seat. As for my opinion, I am not spilt in my opinion. Some movies i go to see with my friends for something to do on Saturday night are not ones that i would really want to pay a higher price for just to sit in a decent seat. But as for other movies, I would pay good money to sit in a great seat. For example, when my dad and i wanted to go see The Dark Knight on opening night, we waited in line and sat in our seats for an hour before the movie began, just so we could seat in a good seat. If I could have paid a few dollars more to just buy good tickets and not have to sit there for an hour, I would have.

No comments: